Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Don't fear the onsie






Anything that looks like it is made from the same piece of material is something I used to avoid like the plague. I mean the sheer physics of it are enough to scare away my simple mind. And the fact that when I was younger, I was traumatized by wearing shirts that buttoned at the crotch just so they would look tucked in. But, as you have seen on this blog before, onsies have actually become...kind of sexy.

I don't want you to get the wrong idea and for you to run around like a hot mess in a cheap imitation. So please, follow the rules. If you are going to buy a onsie, buy a classy one. The cheap ones are not as nice. Trust me, I have looked. They end up making you look like a blast from the past, but not in a good way.

Look for a detail that makes it current. For instance, this one has a ruffle halter detail that is very contemporary.

Also, if you are going to buy a nice one, try to find it on sale. This one from Urban Outfitters was originally $70, marked down to $35, marked down to $18. It was magical, like a onsie fairytale. Good luck with your onsie search!

No comments:

Post a Comment